A coisa mais linda! Isn't the beach a beautiful thing? As I held six-month old Lydia up to catch her first glimpse of the ocean, I realized it took my dad sixty-something years to get to see the Atlantic ocean. I love the beach. I swear I could live there my entire life....if only. So I finally talked Chad into taking a few days off work so we could go with some friends from the ward to stay in a beachhouse for a few days. Man, we weren't disappointed. The house was incredible. It had a million bedrooms, a home theatre, its own pool and hot tub, great decks outfitted with the best rocking chairs ever, a pool table, three refrigerators, an elevator, and the list goes on. What more could you ask for?


The water was a little chilly as you can tell from Chad's reaction to a wave crashing into his legs. Lydia's reaction was a little more intense. She burst into tears as soon as the water touched her toes. She looked so cute in her swimming suit and sun hat though. Too bad my thighs don't look that good.
So our solution to Lydia's dislike of the cold waves was to soak in the hot tub instead. It felt surprisingly good at an even 100 degrees. The weather wasn't super hot, but warm enough for Chad and me to enjoy an ocean dip when Lydia was sleeping.


We said good-bye to the ocean when we left knowing we may never have a beach vacation again. That is the worst part of moving back west for me, I think. Who knew I was such a beach baby? But it was a good time and I'm glad we got to go.
1 comment:
It looks like you guys are having fun!!! She is so cute. I like how there is 1 picture of you on the blog. I want to go camping so bad...maybe one of these weekends i can talk Joel into breaking out our little 2 man tent and going. Have fun.
Post a Comment