November 3, 2010

My Animals and a Birthday Girl

 My crazy little Halloween animals.  The cutest bat you've ever seen (although I thought his costume was a dragon when I bought it) and one crazy kangaroo (and yes, she was the same thing last year, but she insisted.)
 I tried to get a picture of the two of them, but they were never both looking at me except for in this shot where Lydia is ceremoniously picking her nose. We actually went door-to-door trick-or-treating this year--in the rain.  We only went to five or six houses before Lydia was done, but it was still fun. 


Lydia's birthday party was Saturday.  She chose her own theme and cake: a pink party with a pink elephant cake.  Can't believe my cute girl is THREE!  She is a lot of fun.  She's very expressive and loves to be close to us.  She got the cute green dress and boots from my mom and I think they are adorable.  Lydia, of course, hated them.  She has opinions now on what colors she wears or what color plates she eats from.  She's attached the things she wore in the past even if they are way too small.  And she wants nothing to do with potty training.  Hmm.  Maybe I should prepare myself for even greater parenting challenges with this growing girl of mine.

P.S. And thanks to my friend Nicole Ekberg for taking our new family photos.  I love them and will have to post more of them.

6 comments:

Pri Rebicki Prestes said...

Muito lindos esses seus animaizinhos.

Lindsay said...

So cute! I absolutely love the green dress and boots...too bad when our little girls start getting fashion minds for themselves - I'm not sure about Lydia, but McKenzie's favorite outfit is a moo-moo type dress the color of poo. It's terrible...honestly terrible. But, she loves it!

Cindy said...

I can't believe she's 3! Such fun! And the kitchen looks great too!

Tasha said...

OH. My. WORD. SO cute! I love the bat and kangaroo costumes! Happy Birthday Lydia girl!

Celeste said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting! And I love your family picture, it's way cute.

Anonymous said...

Lydia is SO cute with that green dress on and her boots posing with her Dad!! I can't believe she is three already!! :) Russell looks SO cute and is getting big!