(the view out my front window)
1. Attend the temple monthly. This one is possible now only because we formed a baby-sitting co-op with some of our neighbors for Friday nights (which is absolutely wonderful and highly recommended). However, it is January 25th, and I haven't been yet.
2. Cut sugar. I say this one every year. I'm convinced that if I cut sugar out of my diet I could possibly be a size six. It is just so dang hard! I LOVE dessert. What can I say. But I have to keep it in mind.
3. Increase my social life. I have wonderful friends, but many of them live too far away for me to see them often. The older I get, and the more I stay at home with my kids, the more I realize that I need social activity--the more the better. Luckily I have great neighbors so I will strive to make friends with them until we can be the kind that hang out during the day--hopefully a lot.
4. Train diligently for races. I am already signed up for the Ragnar Relay-Wasatch Back. I'm planning on signing up for the Echo triathlon and possibly the first-ever half marathon to be held in my hometown of Morgan, UT. That does equal a LOT of running. More than I've ever done in my whole life. But now is the time.
5. Get my house decorated. We've been living in this house for over six months and it still isn't decorated. We've made great strides in the living room just in the last week. There is still so much to do. I think I finally know what I want. Unfortunately, it also takes money to decorate--a definite hindrance. But these blank walls are stressing me out!
6. Get Lydia potty-trained! I know this goal requires her cooperation too. That's what I'm worried about. She is 3 years and 3 months old and has absolutely no interest in potty training. Her doctor told me not to bother if she isn't interested, but holy cow! She's going to be five before she gets interested! It definitely has me a little worried even though a few friends have told me to relax. They say when she's ready it will only take two days. I'm really, really hoping......
Now the problem with some of these resolutions is that it is three weeks into the New Year and I have yet to start working on some of them. Especially the sugar and the training. I do workout regularly and still attend my swim class, but running? Haven't done a lot of that. Some of that I blame on the winter. Who wants to run outside when it is only 28 degrees? But I figure that New Year's resolutions are goals for the entire year. I've got some time, don't I?
3 comments:
i remember once at mission, when you am sister walter told me you run every morning and I thought i was INSANE, just because it want popular here. Now, runing its like a dream someday i want do realize.
we have winter in the middle of the year and its bad to goals, cause we stop in winter time.
Someday, when i finally star to training I will proudly tell you.
Your family its SO beautful
First of all...what a beautiful view out your window! Second of all...I'm impressed you achieved most of your goals from last year. Third of all...I think your goals for this year are great. Especially all the running - I wish I could get into it a little more. :)
I definitely admire your ambition, and knowing you, you'll accomplish it all. I keep meaning to call you and set a morning to come down and play but...still haven't:) one of these days I will.
Post a Comment