I've thought, "I need to post on my blog" a thousand times over the past few weeks. Now I have a big list of things I was going to post about so I think I am going to steal an idea from one of my neighbors. She frequently does a post on her blog called "My Random Thoughts" which is hilarious. She puts all her little thoughts that she wants to share in a bulleted list and I love reading it. So I thought I would try something a little like that, but since I'm not as witty as her and a bit more apt to complain, I thought I would call it "My Weary Mind". We'll see how it goes:
- I was going to post about my half marathon (which I loved and did really well in), but I'm sick of posting about races. I do want to remember forever though (even though I didn't get a picture) the image of my kids sitting in camp chairs in their pajamas ringing cow bells for me as I ran past. Loved that!
- The weekend before the half, we went to the Uintahs camping and I did mean to post about that. Russell was a STINKER the whole time (he was sick so I guess I can't blame him), but I did get some really good pictures:
(Russell saying "Noooo!" Pretty much the mood of the entire trip)
- Chad's grandma passed away two weeks ago so we got to have his family get together. I love his family so even though we were gathering for a sad reason, at least we got to gather. I got to have all his sisters over all day Friday. Russell LOVED his baby cousins.
- We went to Bear Lake with our neighbors yesterday. I love Bear Lake and my neighbors rock. Does your entire neighborhood plan all-day outings together?? Mine does!
- Now for the "Weary Mind" part. I have not been able to enjoy my job as of late. I find myself having to play referee between the WWF-like war going on between my two children. And all this when I am trying to decide if it is time for another baby, I find myself asking instead if I want any more babies at all--ever!
- Since we continue the WWF-war like behavior in Sacrament meeting as well, I think it would be nice if we had a nursery for that particular hour until kids are approximately the age of 12. I actually think that our Sundays are so terrible right now because we have 1:00 church. We all sit at home bored all morning, getting on each other's nerves; by time we are sitting in the chapel, we can no longer handle each other's company and the tired, restless children in such a close-quarters, keep-quiet situation.
- My summer has been incredibly busy. Though I do not look forward to winter--I do look forward to having a lighter schedule. If only I could keep the warm weather as well.
- We are driving to Phoenix over Labor Day weekend. I think the drive might do my nerves in, but we will see. We leave in less than ten days in which time I have to go to the eye doctor, get Lydia's hair cut, buy her school clothes, get Chad's car taken in for safety & emissions so we can register it, buy Chad's birthday present, buy Russell's birthday presents, get Chad into the family doctor for more asthma meds, run a four-mile race, attempt visiting teaching (probably not), have dinner with our good friends, have a primary presidency meeting, put in the maximum triathlon training for my race on Sept. 10, grocery shop, and pack. So I probably won't be posting until after our trip.
- Will someone please remind me to take my camera on this trip? Never has my camera seen so much of the inside of our cabinet and missed so many fun summer activities!!
- And indeed a random thought: Aren't you so glad that germs are invisible? I mean think what life would be like if we could see the germs roaming around on the things we use everyday: keyboards, cell phone, dishrags, counter tops, and even our own skin. We'd constantly be bathing, soaking, scrubbing, and emptying the store shelves of bleach. But "out of sight, out of mind," and gratefully.


5 comments:
Not too long ago I thought to myself "I haven't seen a post from Brenna in awhile..." and then I get on my computer and here one is! I miss you guys and I love the pictures!
I like this new column! I thought it was just me who was struggling through sacrament meeting every week.
Maybe you could get your kids little wrestling uniforms and have them wear those every day. It might make the refereeing more enjoyable...
This is a great idea! I loved it! Good luck with your drive! You might need a child-less vacation soon! :)
I love it Brenna keep it up. Just remember "this too shall pass". I hated it when people said that to me, but it is true, just find a way to enjoy the moment. We love you and your little thoughts bring me joy. Love you guys.
love the random thoughts. I totally get the "do I ever want to have more kids" thought. Love my job but can be the hardest thing ever some days.
Post a Comment