She was so EXCITED! And call me rotten if you want to, but I didn't choke up in the slightest as I dropped her off. I knew she would love it (and that I would too).
I picked her up two hours later and we headed to the park to meet with friends and eat cupcakes. It was a hot, sticky mess, but we have fantastic friends and neighbors. And after Daddy got home, we did one our favorite family activities: ice cream cones at Macey's.
We had his actual birthday party on Saturday so we could accommodate family.
I decided to forgo the crazy cake in the shape of an animal, steamboat, or tank and just did a simple (but delicious) chocolate peanut butter cake. He doesn't care, right?
Russell was not going to blow out his candles, and I must say that I was very pathetic in attempting to help him. Not sure he will get his wish this year.
Yes, I put the kid in a girl bib to eat his cake and ice cream and then I took a picture of it. I didn't even think about it being a girl bib until the picture was snapped. Oh well. Call me a politically incorrect mom if you must.Russell was in boy HEAVEN after he opened all his gifts. He might as well have been in some magical place where every toy is a different kind of truck. What more could a boy ask for?
As his mother, I could ask that he be a little more fearful of my disciplinary tactics, wasn't quite so messy with absolutely everything he ate, and that he not pick up on so many of his older sister's sass. But then he flashes that dimple at me, asks for "choc nupe" which is his word for milk, says "thanks, Mommy" or "lub you, Mommy" and he knows he's got me right where he wants me. I might be in trouble with this one.
4 comments:
Yay! So fun! Happy Birthday Russell! You kids are growing up so fast! They are simply adorable!
He is so cute! And I have a bib just like that. I'm sure Ian will be wearing it soon - as soon as I find the girly bibs! He is quickly going thru the few boy ones I have.
I think it is very healthy not to cry when kids go to school. I always had a hard time understanding the moms who would stick around my classroom blubbering on the first day of school.
What fun things happening for your kids!
HOLY FETCH! I can't believe you have a preschooler! CRAZINESS!!
Post a Comment