November 29, 2011

Halloween, Sweet Rides, and a Pilgrim

 I know that we are SO over Halloween.  I mean, we are on to Christmas for heaven's sake.  But not many got to see Russell in his doggie costume since he most definitely didn't want to wear it.  He wore it for trick-or-treating though.  It is amazing what you can get a kid to do when you bribe him with candy.

 Russell plodded along behind us all.  He couldn't keep up.  Lydia was so excited about the whole prospect she practically ran the whole time.  Every time we left a doorstep she would run down the driveway and say, "I LOVE Halloween!" Below:  Enjoying their loot.
Our friends down the street got these awesome toys for their birthdays.  They go about two miles an hour, but the kids love them.  We had a riding party in our driveway one day.



Lydia made this pilgrim hat at school.  When I went to pick her up, she was wearing it and I thought it was adorable.
 I ran a 5k in all this snow on November 19.  Chad and the kids came out to support me.  They loved the snow and I had a pretty good run.  The kids have loved the snow this year and have gone out to play in it every time (which has only been a few, really).  When Lydia has seen a fresh blanket of snow on our yard she has said, "We need to go make footprints!"  So far, we haven't had much snow and I am not complaining.  It was so nice and warm outside today.  Love the warm winter weather.


4 comments:

Kendra said...

adorable :)

Melinda said...

Your kids were so cute in their costumes! I loved Russell as a puppy. It's amazing how much of a bribe sugar can be...

Heidi and Michael said...

VERY cute kiddos my dear!

Duane Kimber Family said...

What cute grand kids I have. Thanks for sharing.