- I'm officially 39 weeks pregnant! I'm hoping the baby comes this week though I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment. I'm just so tired of being so enormous, having people stare at me everywhere I go, and anticipating something that I have no control over.
- My husband rocks. We CLEANED our house on Saturday. I mean wiping floorboards, walls, and cupboards as well as steam-cleaning the upholstery kind of clean. Chad did the worst jobs and indulged me by letting us eat out that night so I didn't have to mess up my clean kitchen.
- I found a couple of new dinner recipes that turned out much better than usual. This taco casserole was a big hit, and today I tried this meatloaf that was worthy of a return appearance at the dinner table. You're welcome.
- Lydia seriously thinks she is smarter than I am. If we tell her she does something smart (which she often does--she really is smart for her age) she says, "That's cuz I'm the smartest of all!" Today when I complimented her on remembering to bring a water bottle with us on our walk she said, "That's cuz I'm smarter than you." I don't think I appreciate those comments.
- Russell randomly told me he loved me in sacrament meeting today. Then he told Chad the same. The sweetest words in the world are "I love you, Mommy."
- Summer TV stinks! I'm so glad this is an Olympic year so I'll have something to watch when I have to sit down and nurse the baby. I love the Olympics!!
- If, IF, we have another baby, I'm going to aim for a winter baby. I know you have to worry about illnesses and such, but so far, every baby I've had has been such an inconvenience in some way. Both Russell and Lydia were in their last weeks of gestation when I had to attend a family wedding and this summer I could be out doing a bajillion things with Chad's sisters (even the out-of-staters are here this summer!), but I can't because giving birth is imminent. Annoying, yes. I think February sounds good. Nothing ever happens in February.
- Word. That's all I've got this time. I'm sure it was wholly worth your time. But, the good news is, the next time I post, it should be about our new baby boy!
July 8, 2012
Word
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay for the end being in sight! I am planning on a late winter/early spring baby next time. Nothing ever happens around that time, I'll have the summer to get out and exercise all that extra fat off, and the padding and insulation will keep me warm in the winter.
I can't wait until I get to hear those sweet words too!
Sorry...I forgot to to add that tv does suck in the summer. If you want to have a Gilmore marathon when this baby shows up, let me know and you can borrow the dvds.
Yay! Can't wait to see pictures of the little one! McKenzie is a February baby... it's awesome. She's the only one I wasn't whale-ish through the summer with. I highly recommend it. :) Good luck, Brenna!
Brenna,
I'm so excited for your baby boy and soon to be not pregnant self! Winter babies are the best, by the time it's hot you can actually fit into your clothes and you really don't have to leave the house after the baby is born, it's great. Good luck to you!
Post a Comment