February 26, 2008

It Really Is

Every once in awhile I have these moments where I remember and come to know all over again how strong my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ is. Some of these moments stem from joy and some from sorrow. I had one of these moments last week and though this time it came with heartache it nevertheless reminded me that I really do believe that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. Jesus Christ is our Savior. He loves us and guides us and all the commandments He has given us are for our own happiness, protection, and safety. I am so grateful for modern-day prophets and leaders who guide us in the troubled world we live in. As President Packer said in the World Wide Leadership Training a few weeks ago, "Just live the gospel and you'll be all right." I know that Heavenly Father loves us above and beyond what we can ever imagine and He'll give us as many chances as He possibly can. I'm so grateful for temple blessings. I can't think of anything more precious than my family and the fact that I can live with them for all eternity. I look into my baby daughter's eyes and find my greatest motivation for doing all I can to live the gospel to the best of my ability and teach her all she needs to know to return with me to Heavenly Father. So I'm grateful for the reminder and I hope that Lydia too will come to know what I know: the gospel is true--it really is!

No comments: