So I've found the perfect gift and the perfect super-human power--two ideas that are often tossed around in casual conversations or on the Today show. So without further ado......
The perfect gift for me would be the iRobot Scooba. Yes, ladies and gentleman, the floor washing robot. Why? Because I HATE mopping the kitchen floor. Don't ask why. My kitchen floor isn't even that big. I have a perfectly good mop and an oval-shaped bucket, but I hate it. I hate to admit it, but I can go weeks without mopping the floor--even when there are obvious bits of who knows what staring up at me from the light-colored linoleum. That is why this robot is so cool. It washes the floor using only clean water because it has separate clean and dirty water tanks. It preps, washes, scrubs, and even dries the floor. Does it get any better? It would probably feel as good as putting a happy kid on the floor to play by himself for an hour...or better. But since the price tag is around $300, I guess we'll have to keep the mop around...at least for now.
And the perfect super-human power? No it isn't learning to fly or read people's mind (I mean, do you really want to know?). It is the go-go gadget arm invented and used by none other than Inspector Gadget himself. If you haven't seen Inspector Gagdet, then you are missing out. He is a super clumsy detective full of odd body parts and the owner of several weird and impractical gagdets. He always has an enemy after him and he always ends up avoiding near-death experiences and thinking he has saved the day (because he never figures out that his super computer-savvy daughter Penny is the real hero). I never thought I would envy Inspector Gagdet, but his go-go gadget arm would save me a lot of trouble. Imagine being able to stay in bed when I know that the only reason Lydia's crying in the next room is because she has spit out her binky and wants it back. Just send out the go-go gadget arm, locate the binky, and save the day all without leaving the comfort of your warm covers. Or when you get everything situated just right to feed the baby....remote in the side of the chair for easy access, blanket over my cold feet, bottle in one hand and baby in the other......and no burb cloth. Darn! Well, just send the arm up the stairs and into the baby's room to get a nice, fresh burp cloth. But it just can't be that easy all the time. That is why I've only got two hands even though sometimes it just isn't enough.
2 comments:
I've got a great idea - I'll mop your floor, and you do my dishes! :)
Brenna, I love you thoughts. Please write a book. Anita
Post a Comment