
Lydia turned ONE on October 29th. I can hardly believe it. We celebrated the event with all the pizzazz that I have ever mustered for a birthday (I'm not a big party planner). Chad put up all the streamers you see in the picture below and I spent the better part of the day baking Lydia's cake, cupcakes for our guests, and then decorating the goodies.



After all the guests had arrived we brought out the cake. She loved looking at it. We sang, and then I
tried to help her blow it out. One little candle and it took me like four tries. Obviously it's been awhile since I blew out candles. Let the mess begin! We stripped the birthday girl and let her go at the cake. She was a little timid at first which is just like her. But by the end....



Well, you can see for yourself.

She got tons of cute presents, and then we carved pumpkins. She was all about helping Chad gut our pumpkin. She at one time had a spoon in each hand and was pushing Chad's hands out of the way--she wanted it all for herself.


Here Lydia is with her best gal pal Claire. Thanks to all who came and made it such a fun night, especially Grandma and Grandpa Carrigan who only had to drive 820 miles to be here.
6 comments:
Happy Birthday sweet girl! She looks so big! We miss you guys!
Happy birthday Lydia!!! She is so cute. The party looked like a total hit. Have fun.
Happy Birthday Lydia! You look so cute. I loved the streamers, Brenna!
Wow... looks like a BLAST!! Little Lydia is so darn cute. I love the cake pics especially. I can't wait til I have a baby's first birthday to celebrate. I'm gonna let em get crazy too! Its all about the cake. Looks like a party! You look so pretty Brenna! Love your hair and orange is a beautiful color on you.
she is a doll! I love her hair. I can't believe she is that old!
Happy Birthday Lydia. Looks like a fun party. Great decorating, We miss you guys.
Post a Comment