So we're five days away from baby number 2. In a way I can't believe he isn't here yet. In another, I'm glad I get to savor my last days with just Lydia. I can wake up to her calls of "Mommy!" in the morning after a full nights' rest and anticipate her meeting me with a big smile when I go in her room. Going to get her from her crib has always been a good part of my day because she wakes so happily. I"ll miss running out the door with just a sippy and a snack in my purse with Lydia happily in tow. I'll miss just chillin' in the rocking chair together after her afternoon nap. The other day we were doing that and she fell back asleep curled around my baby bump. It was so cute and I took in the moment. She didn't even mind when her little brother gave her a few good kicks. I'll miss that when the new baby takes over both of our worlds.
In another way, I also feel bad for Lydia. She isn't quite old enough to get that a baby is coming. I'm afraid she is going to get blind-sided with her new brother. And it doesn't help that she has been the most ridiculous mama's girl lately. As much as Chad tries to help, she just won't let him do much. She wants mommy to change her, put her to bed, comfort her when she falls and just about everything else. I'm glad she loves me, but....
She does love babies so I hope she loves her new baby brother. I hope I can find the balance I'll need to be a good mom to two kids. I hope I can hold my impatience in check and be more loving than frustrated.
And while I worry about all this, we've tried to make Lydia's last week as an only child a good one. We've been to two different playgrounds, gone on walks, and tomorrow we're going swimming. She gets to spend the weekend with her Grandparents and cousins as we attend Chad's sister's wedding. I hope she feels loved.
Because she so is! How can you not love this girl? She does so many cute things and for the most part is a happy girl, as you can see in the pictures. She's been such a blessing! We love you, Lydia!!
3 comments:
It will definitely be an adjustment, going from one child to 2.. or so I hear. You'll do great! No worries! Lydia will adjust and she will love having a new baby brother!! Good luck with everything. When is that little bundle gonna get here?!
Aww, she is so cute! You're a great mom and you'll make the change just fine. Women are natural multi-taskers. You've got that on your side! I remember feeling sad and guilty about having a second baby. Its amazing how much love you can give! One thing my grandpa always said, which drove me crazy, "Did you swallow some watermelon seeds?" Thanks for the support grandpa...Good luck! I am assuming you will be having the litte guy today??
She is so cute! You will be a great mother of two. I'm so excited to see pictures of little Russell. It was good to see you all again - to bad we had to leave a day early to see Russell....
Post a Comment