Russell is three weeks old! It feels like he has been here longer than that at the same time that I can't believe it has been that long. He's a big boy who is growing well. He weighed 9 lbs 6 oz. at his two week checkup. And I have to say (much to the chagrin of mothers who have higher maintenance babies: Mandy, Melissa) that he is such a good baby! He hardly ever cries (just when I pick his nose), he puts himself to sleep at night, and he nurses well. What more could I ask for? Lydia is a really good girl too. She usually plays by herself and lets me nurse and hasn't acted out too much since her brother arrived. Why do I have such easy going kids? I don't know. Maybe Heavenly Father knows I couldn't handle anything else. And believe me, I'm knocking on wood really hard right now just so I don't jinx myself by typing this outloud.
I'm doing well too. I've had a few glitches like a case of mastitis, but things seem to be balancing out a little. And though I'm tired of being tired, I still have a lot more energy than I did when I was pregnant or than I did when Lydia was a newborn. I am looking forward to Christmas time though because I figure Russell will be sleeping through the night by then. Even just six hours in a row would feel miraculous right now. I get two hour naps all through the night and hardly a minute more. I have been lucky in getting the kids to sleep at the same time during the day so I get an afternoon nap. All in all, we're holding our own.
This morning I had a good chuckle. I had just finished nursing the baby and when I looked up, I noticed Lydia in the rocking chair with her shirt up and her teddy bear snuggled into her bare belly. I had to laugh at her attempts at "nursing" her bear. Hilarious.
10 comments:
I am so happy for you. You are one lucky mommy. I am glad that Russell is such an easy baby maybe he can come and teach Makayla a thing ot two!
I'm thrilled that Russel is such a great baby for you! He's just adorable...Congratulations!
Wow three weeks sure goes by fast! He looks so cute. I love the photo of Lydia. Abby did the same thing when Elizabeth was a baby. Is that Chad's carebear that she is "nursing"?
Oh my gosh. I'm laughing so hard at the picture of Lydia "nursing" her bear. Too funny! Your kids are beautiful Brenna. So happy you are all doing well!
Wow, your kids are so darling. I got a good laugh out of Lydia's picture! So glad things are going well for you.
I love it. I'm glad that things are going well. I just want to squeeze, Russell he is darling. I can't believe its been three weeks. Time flies. Hope I can coordinate more visits with you guys.
Yay! I am so glad that everything so going well for you! I love the picture of Lydia! So cute! Kids do the funniest things sometimes!
So cute! I love hearing about your darling family! Alexis has a doll that is named Colbie who she tried to nurse during family night while my inlaws were here visiting! I'm so glad that your baby is easy going so far and that Lydia is doing well too. I am definetely looking forward to even a 6 hour sleep schedule too!
I got mathis' outfit at babies r us and I have seen some really cute boy stuff at children's place. They have those ties and some cute little sweater vests. I love the bear nursing. you have got to love it!
I am so happy for you. He is beautiful! We would love to see you. We will let you know when we are up there for more than a day.
Post a Comment